KSU Disney Interactive Entertainment Study Program
The College of Computing and Software Engineering (CCSE) and the Joel A. Katz Music and Entertainment Business Program (MEBUS) are excited to offer a new, interdisciplinary "study away" opportunity for undergraduate students.
The KSU Disney Interactive Entertainment Study program involves music, film, television, video game, computer graphics, 3D modeling and animation, AR/VR, behind-the-scenes tours, lectures from Disney Imagineers, and projects for students inside the Walt Disney World® Resort. Explore how Disney and Pixar pioneer world-changing entertainment technology.
- Engage in exciting classroom activities for two weeks at KSU.
- Explore the Walt Disney World® Resort for a week in the four parks.
- Interact with speakers inside and outside the resort.
- Relate Disney experiences (including transportation, hotel and in-park activities) to your learning/courses.
- Wrap up with post-production and development work for a week back in the classroom and labs at KSU.
Students will work in interdisciplinary teams and complete reflective assignments each day during the on-site experience, develop a significant project for their portfolio, and present these creations at the end of the summer term. All expectations of the CS, CGDD, and MEBU courses will be met through a customized experience at KSU and at Disney.
As part of the KSU Disney Interactive Entertainment program, you will pick two of the following four-week summer courses and earn six credits toward graduation:
- CS 4722 – Computer Graphics and Multimedia
- MEBU 4490 – Creative Adaptability (Film & TV Productions)
- MEBU 2270 – Entertainment Media Production
- CGDD 4113 – 3D Modeling and Animation
Your KSU classes will meet before and after the on-site experience, and your on-site Disney experience/assignments will be customized to the classes in which you are enrolled.
Application Deadline: We will begin accepting applications in September 2019. For full consideration, apply by January 17, 2020.Apply Today