Certification in High Performance Cluster Computing
The department offers certification programs at both undergraduate and graduate levels, which serve students interested in developing expertise and credentials in the exciting areas of High Performance Computing Cluster (HPCC Systems®), and Big Data Analytics using LexisNexis® Risk Solutions Inc. technologies.
Each certification program develops expertise in High Performance Computing and Big Data Analytics through a sequence of courses, which may be completed online. Both need a solid foundation in programming skills and an understanding of mathematics and statistics. The graduate certificate includes more theory and mathematical foundations, but both certifications are designed for the practitioner, and may be included within a degree program or completed as a stand-alone certificate.
This online graduate certificate program is appropriate for students from a variety of academic backgrounds with sufficient math, stats, and computer programming background and experience. This certificate is a stand-alone certificate, whose courses may be allowed as electives in some graduate programs.
The online graduate certificate program requires 15 hours of coursework:
- CS 6045 Advanced Algorithms
- CS 7265 Big Data Analytics
- ACS 6810 HPC Data Warehousing and Mining
- ACS 6830 HPC Modern Programming Languages
- ACS 6840 HPC, Cloud, and Parallel Computing
The online undergraduate certification program requires 18 hours over 3 semesters:
- ACST 3510: Computer Architecture from Foundations to Cloud (3 hours)
- ACST 3330: Data Structures and Database
- ACST 3340 : Modern Languages, Scripting, R, Parallel Computing:
- ACST 4320: Data Warehousing and Mining
- ACST 4570: Cloud Computing and High Performance Cluster Computing
- One upper-level elective