Certification in High Performance Cluster Computing
The department offers certification programs at both undergraduate and graduate levels, which serve students interested in developing expertise and credentials in the exciting areas of High Performance Computing Cluster (HPCC Systems®), and Big Data Analytics using LexisNexis® Risk Solutions Inc. technologies.
Each certification program develops expertise in High Performance Computing and Big Data Analytics through a sequence of courses, which may be completed online. Both need a solid foundation in programming skills and an understanding of mathematics and statistics. The graduate certificate includes more theory and mathematical foundations, but both certifications are designed for the practitioner, and may be included within a degree program or completed as a stand-alone certificate.
This online graduate certificate program is appropriate for students from a variety of academic backgrounds with sufficient math, stats, and computer programming background and experience. This certificate is a stand-alone certificate, whose courses may be allowed as electives in some graduate programs.
Undergraduate Certification Program
18 credit hours over three semesters (latest program requirements):
- CS 3410: Introduction to Database Systems
- ACST 4320: Data Warehousing and Mining
- ACST 3340: Modern Languages: Theory, Scripting, R, HPC, Fortran
- ACST 3510: Computer Architecture from Foundations to Cloud
- ACST 4570: Cloud Computing and HPCC Systems Platform
- HPC Certificate Electives (choose one course from the following):
- ACST 3330: Data Structures and Database Applications
- ACST 3530: Linux Operating Systems and Networking
Graduate Certification Program (Stand-Alone)
15 credit hours (latest program requirements):
- CS 6045: Advanced Algorithms
- CS 7265: Big Data Analytics
- ACS 6810: HPC Data Warehousing and Mining
- ACS 6830: HPC Modern Programming Languages
- ACS 6840: HPC, Cloud, and Parallel Computing