Gaming Development Tools
Plan to fund your project? Check out http://www.kickstarter.com/ for possibly fundraising!
All-purpose game development threads are also available.
- Setting up repositories and collaboration spaces
- Processing - a good simple way to do lots of cool stuff fast
- 2D Tools
- 3D Tools
- 2D / 3D Art Assets
- Photos (flickr with creative commons search flag on)
Check out the following links to learn more about various technologies in game development. This page will be updated often, so revisit for more information.
- User Interface (HUD) Development
- Artificial Intelligence
- http://eis.ucsc.edu/ (including Starcraft and Mario bot/world AI)
- 3D modeling & art
- A great set of interviews from industry folks on the role of the technical artist
- GECK (Fallout 3 Development)
- Gamemaker Examples
- Unreal Engine Examples
- Torque Examples
- Blender Examples
- Havok Examples
Programming in General
- Excellent XNA and C# material: http://www.csharpcourse.com/
- Threading in C#: http://www.albahari.com/threading/
Another good clearinghouse of articles: http://www-cs-students.stanford.edu/~amitp/gameprog.html.
A good site with some nice articles on AI: http://robert.zubek.net/publications/index.html
General info site on game design and a searchable database of schools.