Software Engineering Overview
Programs and Areas of Study
- Bachelor of Science (BS) in Software Engineering
- Minor in Software Engineering
- Graduate Certificate in Software-Engineering Foundations
- Graduate Certificate in Software Engineering
- Master of Science (MS) in Software Engineering
Why Software Engineering?
Software Engineering (SWE) represents one of the fastest growing segments of software professionals. Business and industry require Software Engineers in the fields of medicine, the military, domestic and international communications, aerospace engineering and many more.
Software Engineering students at Kennesaw State University work in teams that deliver high-quality software products as they learn the fundamental concepts of Computer Science and what it means to be a software engineer. Advanced course work is selected from areas such as user interaction engineering, component-based development, embedded systems and other state-of-the-art methodologies and practices that reflect the fast-paced changes in the field.
Our SWE programs have flexible options via night and online courses, and small class sizes ensure students get to know their professors. Students receive hands-on experience through labs and classroom work.
Top reasons to join Software Engineering at Kennesaw State University:
- Georgia is in the Top Ten States of highest paid software engineers
- Kennesaw State is the only public university in Georgia that offers undergraduate and graduate degrees in Software Engineering.
- KSU's BSSWE is accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET.
As a software engineering professional, you can work in many fields including:
OccupationWhat You Will DoMedian Pay (as of 2018)
Software DeveloperSoftware developers are the creative minds behind computer programs. Some develop the applications that allow people to do specific tasks on a computer or another device.$100,690