Internships and Jobs
Are you looking to gain some expreience in your field? Do you want to gain course credit or even get paid to work? An internship/co-op is exactly what you’re looking for!
Your Internship Coordinator
Mrs. Dawn Tatum is here to answer any questions you may have about internships, co-ops and future job opportunities! She works side-by-side with the Career Planning & Development department to bring industry partners and students together.
Office: KSU Marietta Campus, Atrium (J) 358
“I decided to work in a co-op because it allowed me to gain experience in my major. It also giveyou a competitive advantage after graduation because you can put the co-op on your resume.”
“My co-op allowed me to test my knowledge at a corporate level and helped me to decide if I wanted to major in Computer Science or Software Engineering.”
Summer Internship at HPCC Systems - Data Analytics
It's Not too Late for a Summer Internship at HPCC Systems - Data Analytics!
The deadline for applications on to the HPCC Systems intern program is Friday 29th March.
Application on to this program is by the submission of a proposal to complete a project of your choice that leverages HPCC Systems in some way. Choose a project from our list of available projects or tell us about a project of your own choice that:
- Involves contributing a new feature or enhancement to the HPCC Systems open source project
- Provides an interesting use case for HPCC Systems
Student suggested projects must be suitable for a 12 week internship and must leverage HPCC Systems in some way. Each of the projects on our list has a mentor assigned and we encourage students to make contact with the mentor and discuss ideas while developing their proposal. We will provide a mentor for projects suggested by students.
For more questions, email Lorraine Chapman at Lorraine.Chapman@lexisnexisrisk.com or speak to your CCSE Internship coordinator, Dawn Tatum, email@example.com
Shaw Industries, Inc. is seeking Intern or Co-op for Service Automation Group - Spring 2019
Safe-Guard Products International, LL seeking interns
Safe-Guard Products International, LLC is the leading provider of Finance and Insurance (F&I) products in the automotive aftermarket industry as well as the RV, marine, motorcycle and power sports segments. The Company develops, markets and administers the highest-quality Finance and Insurance programs and matches them with unmatched customer service, advanced technology solutions, and industry-leading training. Safe-Guard is a proud partner to more than half the country’s top 500 dealers, the most successful general agents and the largest dealer groups across the United States and Canada. With a complete product portfolio and smart technology solutions, top Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs), dealers, and independent agents choose Safe-Guard more than any other provider.
Our products include: Appearance Protection, Dent Protection, Emergency Notification, Guaranteed Asset Protection (GAP), Identity Protection, Key Protection, Lease-End Protection, Prepaid Maintenance, Theft Protection, Tire & Wheel Protection, Vehicle Service Contracts, and Windshield Protection.
Safe-Guard’s mission is to provide products and solutions to the motor vehicle industry that drive customer retention and protect consumers from the perils of ownership. We are experiencing dynamic growth and have earned a stellar reputation from our customers, partners, and peers by providing: 1) the highest quality protection products in the industry, 2) a broad platform of value-added technology, marketing, and training solutions, and 3) unparalleled client and customer service.
Position: Paid Internship for 2 months
- Understand the Data Quality task currently undertaken by the Data Management analyst. This includes reviewing the table and data dictionary to get familiarity with the underlying DB structure.
- Evaluate various Data Quality Tool.
- Document everything done for future reference.
- Provide recommendation.
- Use the recommended tool for proof of concept with some of the current task and data
p.s. The Intern will be provided guidance by senior members of Data Management team.
- Familiarity with any relational database system (MySQL/SQL Server/PostgreSQL/Oracle).
- Familiarity with writing SQL queries.
- Good communication skills.
- Good Analytical and Critical thinking skills.
Safe-Guard Products International is an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, disability or protected veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
To apply, send cover letter & resume to Peter Vennel at firstname.lastname@example.org
Orca IoT is seeking a Jr Software Development Engineer - Internship
Disruption. That is what we do and this is why we need you. We are an Internet of Things (IoT) company that focuses on cameras, AI/ML, and operational improvement in the warehouse and on the construction jobsite. We are developing and implementing bleeding edge technology in an established, rapidly growing, but fragmented market and we are looking for junior team members that we can develop to allow us to expand.
We have zero IT debt and we do things right the first time. We need talented open source Software Development Engineers (SDEs) with skills on the AWS platform to develop a decoupled, event driven, microservice cloud architecture. Our team is small and we are looking for someone that likes to work at a fast pace. We use the lean startup methodology and iterate in weekly agile sprints. Remote work opportunities and flexible hours are a standard benefit. Compensation is commensurate with skills and experience. If you are ready to learn and gain hands on experience in the most valuable current technologies, continue reading.
In the first 30 days, you will be introduced to the team, discuss the company’s vision and goals, and be onboarded. Credentials will be setup and the engineering team lead will spend a lot of hands on time with you explaining the platform, technologies, architecture, and team/product roadmap. You will be introduced to the project management tool, source control tool, start joining standups, and start taking minor tasks out of the weekly queue. The purpose of the first 30 days is to acclimate the new hire to the role and provide them the foundation and the tools to be successful in role.
In the next 90 days, a successful junior team member will be focusing on sharpening their tech skills for their specific role. Day to day activities will include learning Amazon API Gateway, Lambda, and writing scripts using HTML, JQuery, Python, Node, and/or PHP. You will work on honing your skills by developing microservices in a sandbox environment and commiting the code to the CI pipeline. While you are building your cloud app dev skills, you will also be learning our product line and all the microservices and scripts needed to maintain them. The purpose of the first 4 months is to provide the experience and baseline skills needed for the junior team member to be able to ramp up to a fully executing team member.
In the next 6 months, the on-boarded team member will continue to hone their skills while being responsible for a full sprint workload. You will be maintaining dynamic architectures and ensuring operational excellence. On a typical day, you will have a short stand up meeting, then you will be responsible for prioritizing your activities for the day and for the weekly sprint. At that point you will kick off the coffee drinking and code writing until it is time to call it a day. Your typical activity mix will consist of 65% of your time being spent on developing new features and services, 25% will be spent on operations and operational engineering (improving/automating operations), and 10% will be spent on learning and technical development.
These are some of the skills/techs you will work with and develop:
MicroservicesAWS API GatewayAWS AutoscalingHTMLApp Security
Jira / BugzillaAWS Load balancersNode.js, JQueryPerformance TuningAWS Self-healing architectures
AWS Step FunctionsPHP, PythonKubernetesGit Source ControlAWS Multi-region Architecture
LinuxContainersAWS CodeStarAWS CognitoAWS Multi-Account Security Strategy
AWS Batch / EC2Cloud FormationAWS SQS / SNSAurora MySQLServerless Architectures
CICD pipelineAWS LambdaDynamoDBTwitter BootstrapAWS Cloud Native Security
To apply, please email a copy of your resume to email@example.com with the subject “Jr SDE”
Your Talent. Our Vision. At Anthem, Inc., it’s a powerful combination, and the foundation upon which we’re creating greater access to care for our members, greater value for our customers, and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care.
This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve at one of America's leading health benefits companies and a Fortune Top 50 Company.
Project work could be focused, but not limited to the following:
- Responsible for participating in all phases of the development and maintenance life cycle, typically for an assigned business unit or corporate department and utilizing various customer technology platforms.
- Develops relationships with the business to better understand business requirements.
- Develops knowledge in change request process and develops exhibits and other materials, under supervision.
- Assists in documenting limited business and technical requirements and coding of system components.
- Assists in developing unit test plans and is given specific tasks to support implementation plan.
- Develops the ability to provide on-call support and monitor the system.
- Facilitates small groups in peer code reviews and participates in vendor evaluation.
- Student must be currently enrolled in a program of study at an accredited college or university seeking an Associate’s degree, Bachelor’s degree, or Graduate degree in computer science or information systems, or related field.
We are unable to consider students requiring future sponsorship for this role.
The Release Management internship is an excellent opportunity for an undergraduate or graduate student majoring in computer science, engineering, IT or a related field. The selected individual will be tasked with making code changes to various portals, ensuring dependencies are in place, support and facilitate steps for changes to respective applications and ensure all processes are followed.
What's needed to excel in this role? Critical thinking, strong organizational skills, impeccable attention to detail, good negotiation skills and a superb analytical foundation.
Candidates must be currently enrolled in a program of study at an accredited college or university with an applicable major (noted above).
Contact Monica O’Neal, SHRM - SCP at firstname.lastname@example.org
Savant is Hiring for Interns & Full Time positions
Savant is looking for both Full Time and Interns to join their group of dynamic employees who have the privilege of working on multitudes of problems/issues to develop unique solutions as a team. Their main focus is Managed IT services, but that of course changes everyday in scope and expectation. If you are up for a challenge and up for learning a lot, this might be the place for you!
Email Lee Heisman (email@example.com) to make your introduction and give him your resume. Nothing fancy...just the nutshell...who are you, what do you want to do, what are you good at and how does that fit with managed it services.
We recently posted several intern opportunities located in Atlanta and would love for you to share the descriptions with your students/network. A few of the descriptions are listed below. All candidates should apply on-line at www.antheminc.com as soon as possible for consideration.
Technical Test Data Intern (Position #PS5497)
and many other positions are available.
Couple of things regarding the internships:
1. The roles are in Atlanta and the duration is at least 6 months (part-time)
2. Start date is May 21st or June 11th
3. Since our program is a pipeline to early career positions within Anthem unfortunately we are unable to consider students that require future visa sponsorship.
Tech Square Labs InternshipTech Square Labs is a growing company looking for some strategic programming talent to design and develop new feature and integrations as their business grows. Email: Contact@TechConnectHub.com for more information.
Summer 2018 Internship Opportunity - First Data (begins in October)Apply & recieve more information, here.
Anthem, Inc. Information Technology Performance Management Intern
The Information Technology Performance Management Intern will have the opportunity to work alongside our IT Performance Management team and learn the many facets of data collection/data warehouse support and reporting. They will have a passion for metrics which will afford them the opportunity to contribute their Tableau/SAP Business Objects knowledge and create/modify/maintain a variety of dashboards utilized throughout the Anthem organization. This body of work will impact a wide audience.
We are looking for an individual that enjoys learning new tools, working with data and performing analysis. Leveraging their superb communication skills, the Intern will work in a highly collaborative environment that works toward aggressive timelines while maintaining quality. Interested in being innovative and learning new techniques? This could be the internship for you!
If interested, contact :
Monica O’Neal, SHRM - SCP
Anthem, Inc –Program Manager
Brickhouse Resources Talent builders: Emerging Talent Program
Brickhouse Resources is a boutique staffing firm specializing in providing a fresh solution for companies searching for IT Talent. The Talent Builder program addresses the IT Talent Shortage and an Aging Workforce by providing access to a fully formed Campus Recruiting solution for companies without one or for companies that need to supplement an existing program.
We are currently seeking candidates interested in paid internships in the Atlanta area.
Interns should meet the following minimum requirements:
- Current student or recent graduate in a graduate or undergraduate program with a strong academic standing
- Strong interpersonal, analytical and communication skills
- Ability to work on a team as well as independently
- Desire to gain professional experience; eager to learn
- Exhibit initiative, motivation, and drive
We are seeking candidates from the following Majors:
- Computer Science
- Data Analysis
- Information Technology
In addition to competitive pay, Brickhouse provides workforce preparation training and mentorship. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. If interested, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Accenture Analyst – Technology Career Consortium – Southeast – 00674720
You are invited to apply for Accenture’s Southeast Technology Career Consortium! This two-day event will be hosted in our Atlanta Innovation Hub. It is geared toward students with a passion for innovation and technology. You will meet Accenture Leadership who are at the forefront of innovation and technology. Learn how you can fit into the Analyst role and invent solutions for our clients’ most pressing problems. You will network and join in on conversations about how we can improve the way the world works and lives and continue to grow the field of computer science and technology.
We are in the midst of a technology revolution that is disrupting and transforming businesses and entire industries around the world. Accenture is working with clients to apply innovation and intelligence at the heart of their organizations. Empowered with leading-edge technologies, continuous learning opportunities and a global community with deep industry expertise, you’ll grow your career while solving clients’ biggest challenges.
Whatever your passion, Accenture offers a range of career opportunities in our strategy, consulting, digital, technology, security or operations businesses.
Our analyst experience includes a comprehensive and multi-modal learning curriculum with common required training and specialized training specific to your career track. You’ll also benefit from mentorship and coaching from our people to ensure a successful integration. Through local office corporate citizenship, inclusion & diversity and networking opportunities, we’ll help you build a strong sense of community and camaraderie from the start. We are also committed to providing you varied experiences that will help you expand your skill set and broaden your exposure to all that Accenture has to offer its clients.
Accenture is hiring for the following Analyst opportunities:
- Technology Analyst - Shape the technology of tomorrow, with the latest digital methodologies and design thinking, like cloud, AI, intelligent automation, DevOps and Agile. Implement innovative solutions to help clients drive disruption and stay ahead of the digital curve.
- Security Analyst - Infuse security into everything we do; helping our clients grow confidently in a rapidly evolving threat landscape. You’ll nurture your skills through hands-on client experience across our full spectrum of security services, including Strategy & Risk, Cyber Defense, Digital Identity, Application Security and Managed Security, positioning you for future specialization.
There is never a typical day at Accenture, but that’s why people love it here! As an Analyst, you’ll test out new ideas with clients in your own way! Your specific responsibilities will vary based on your alignment but a typical day may include:
Delivering unique technology and business solutions to clients across industries, including Financial Services, Health & Public Service, Resources, Products, and Communications Media and Technology.
- Working with clients to understand how their business processes work today, identifying areas for improvement, and creating process maps to demonstrate how changes will help them reach their goals.
- Brainstorming with clients to design next generation IT architectures
- Leveraging our alliances with leading companies - such as SAP, Oracle, Microsoft, Salesforce, Workday, Cisco, HP and IBM – to drive and accelerate real business impact
- Incubating and piloting the next wave of emerging technologies for clients based on our applied R&D
- Driving a rigorous approach to solving problems in the context of global, economic, technology and social trends
- Modernizing and driving costs from complex multi-national IT infrastructures
Accenture Analysts are forward-thinking, well-rounded people with outstanding academic performance and high learning agility. We’re looking for individuals who can work in an open and entrepreneurial way.
- Bachelor’s degree or Master’s Degree (with a graduation date no later than September 30, 2019)
- Strong Critical Thinking, Analytical and Problem-Solving Skills
- Excellent Communication and Interpersonal Skills;
- Degree Type/Major: All majors considered
- Preferred majors and skills for specialized roles:
- Computer Science
- Computer Engineering / Software Engineering / Electrical Engineering / Other Engineering disciplines
- Information Systems / Decision Sciences
- Mathematics / Statistics
- Data Analytics / Data Science / Big Data
- Business Administration majors with technical proficiency
How to Apply
Please apply via the Accenture Careers website by February 15th. You must complete an online application to be considered for an interview.
- Apply Now: https://bit.ly/2Dy7O77
If you previously applied for a position at Accenture (e.g., internship), use the User ID and password you created at that time. To save your application and come back to it at another time please complete the page you are working on, then save your application and return to it later. You will need your log-in user name and password to do this – make sure to note it for future reference. Please note that you must fill in all asterisk (*) fields to move to the next page. If you experience any technical difficulties, please use the Help function.
1. Please indicate how you heard about our job opportunities.
- Source Type: Professional Association
- Source: TECHCON
- Personal Information: Enter all relevant information
2. Employment Questionnaire page – Please make sure to answer all of the questions on this page.
- Job Specific Questions – Please answer all questions on this page.
- Work History & Education – Please complete this section with all of your work experience and education to date.
i. Please fill in the name of the company, the dates of employment, your responsibilities, your supervisor name, supervisor number, and “May we contact your supervisor” (must be answered with “Yes” or “Yes, After Offer”).
ii. Please complete the schools you have attended, the dates of attendance, education level, Overall GPA (not rounded), and percentage of degree already completed.
3. Document Attachment – Please attach a resume and transcript to your application
4. Review your entire application and upon verifying the information is accurate, click submit
After submitting your application, you will receive system-generated acknowledgment(s) from “Human Resources”. Note that this does not mean you have been selected to interview with Accenture.
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and with Accenture (i.e., H1-B visa, F-1 visa (OPT), TN visa or any other non-immigrant status).
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Accenture is an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions – underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network – Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. With more than 435,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives. Visit us at www.accenture.com.
VMWare is seeking to hire a Product Manager
Are you an upcoming MBA grad with an interest in Product Management? VMware’s growing Workspace ONE team is looking for someone to revolutionize the way companies securely deliver and manage devices and applications in the enterprise.
Apply today for this or other opportunities!
*Must have Graduate Degree*
iOS Developer NeededSPSU Alumni and local resident looking for an iOS Developer to develop a mobile app that ties into the standard iOS camera app. Based on a consultant’s review of the scope, a developer with some experience is required and should take 2 weeks or less. The app will need an initial setup screen when launched for the first time, settings menu, and some minor art work. Experience rolling out a mobile app to the Apple App Store is not required but is part of the scope.
Some experience in iOS development.
Cross-platform a plus for possible Android rollout
Contact John Schuler email@example.com or 770-377-5422
Railserve- IT Position
Railserve, Inc., an Industry Advisory Board member of CCSE has an IT generalist position open: www.railserve.biz/jobs.html
Georgia based consumer products company is seeking an entry-level Web Developer
Our client, located in Lawrenceville, GA, has a contract to hire opportunity for an entry level Web Developer with 1 to 2 years’ experience. The client is a Georgia based consumer products company with a focus on the pool and spa industry. The company is investing heavily in technology with the goal of revolutionizing the industry. To support its core business the company is committed to developing innovative consumer technologies like mobile APPs, connected devices and new pool water testing technologies. They are going to market with an omni-channel strategy and the Web Operations Associate will be responsible for supporting all aspects of their extensive web presence.
If you excel at website development, user experience and have an advanced understanding of web programming languages then this is the role for you. About This Role: Title: Web Operations Associate is responsible for all aspects of a web sites architecture including template development, design, third party integrations, analytics, hosting, database connectivity, Content Management, account creation and support. In the role you will apply your understanding of website platforms, web development, industry trends and ecommerce systems to create sites based on our marketing team's requirements and target KPIs. You will concept the site from the requirements gather phase working with our design team to create visually appealing sites that feature user-friendly design and clear navigation ensuring that each site is delivered consistently across multiple mobile and desktop platforms. You should be comfortable modifying existing code and collaborating with outside partners to develop and ultimately launch the site in our hosting environment with a CMS that enables quick updates when our businesses need them updated. You will also lead the integration of third party software solutions into our web sites such as education platforms, mapping solutions for store locators or analytics and tagging systems.
Finally, you will manage operation and support processes that govern the web space for the entire global organization. Day to Day Summary the Web Operations Associate will be responsible for the day-to-day operations of the companies 30+ web properties. You will work cross functionally with brand and product marketers to define business requirements and launch website, landing pages and marketing content. You will transform the marketing vision, designs and wireframes into content that can be managed within the CMS framework. You are responsible for content, HTML and, CSS templates structures for the content management system.
What You Will Do
- Coordinate with marketing brand managers to create the digital version of our brand experience
- Structure web sites consistently while providing enough flexibility to accommodate different visual designs
- Work with 3rd party developers to convert legacy websites into one compatible with our current Concrete5 CMS tool
- Assume ownership of our tagging strategy to inform analytics and reporting
- Minor backend coding as necessary to fix an issue or update templates
- Content management for internal and external brand and corporate sites
- Scripting data export requests from various databases behind our websites
- Implement an improved version control for web site launches and updates
- Configure DNS hosting and domain registrars Identify new activities and technologies for cost savings and efficiencies
- Take over ownership of our $30 MM annual B2B ecommerce site
- Think analytically; interpret data to create innovative online merchandising campaigns
- Create project execution timelines; leading business and technical staff as a project manager
- Successfully launch new web based applications and capabilities to support brand objectives
- Identify and implement new technology and functionality to improve user experience
- Manage content launches and ensure the marketing designs fits the CMS templates/framework
- Develop all HTML/CSS template structures for to ensure user experience across an omni-channel environment
- Manage 3rd party developers to ensure consistency code delivery
- Provide a Tier 1 content support role to help resolve issues for the content managers
- Support 3rd party tools or modules integrated with web properties.
What You Need To Succeed:
- A smart, self-starter that isn't afraid to challenge the status quo
- 1-2 years of experience (Internships & Project work accepted as well)
- A driven motivated individual that makes things happen
- BS or technical education in web development or design Expertise in project management and the ability to manage multiple initiatives
- Strong communication skills and the ability to drive change working in cross-functional teams
- Strong sense of urgency and ability to make decisions and manage change in a fast-paced environment
- An entrepreneurial and innovative way of thinking.
Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
Keywords: Web Development, Web Operations, Hosting, CSS/HTML, SQL, Web CMS, Website Marketing, Project Management, Ecommerce *PRO
Travelport is seeking HRTS Analyst I
Travelport is a Travel Commerce Platform providing distribution, technology, payment, mobile and other solutions for the global travel and tourism industry. With a presence in approximately 180 countries, over 3,700 employees, and an additional 1,200 employees at IGT Solutions Private Ltd who provide us with application development services, our 2016 net revenue was over $2.35 billion. Travelport is comprised of:
• A Travel Commerce Platform through which it facilitates travel commerce by connecting the world’s leading travel providers with online and offline travel buyers in a proprietary business-to-business (B2B) travel marketplace. Travelport has a leadership position in airline merchandising, hotel content and rate distribution, mobile travel commerce and a pioneering B2B payment solution that addresses the needs of travel intermediaries to efficiently and securely settle travel transactions.
• Technology Services through which it provides critical IT services to airlines, such as shopping, ticketing, departure control and other solutions, enabling them to focus on their core business competencies and reduce costs.
HRTS Analyst I
• Working with databases and HR systems in functional role with regard to configurations, enhancements and customizations
• Working with developers to customize reports, feeds, which would go to other systems
• Driving systems in a unique way
• The knowledge you gain from HR processes is phenomenal and is a great way to learn various HR functions
• A degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Computer Information Systems, or related degree
• 0-2 years of experience in database
• Knowledge of and experience using SQL, Excel
• Analytical thinker
• Understanding of functions and formulas in database tables at a more functional level
• Experience in configuring a system or module and/or adding fields
• Creative, ability to think outside of the box and drive efficiencies for the business
• Good written and verbal communication across all levels
Please send resume and cover letters to Allison.Carter@travelport.com
Burnt Hickory Baptist Church is seeking a Network Associate
The Network Associate is a part-time position that reports to the Director of IT.
Keep the server and all client computers current with the latest updates.
Provide technical support to staff to include adding/deleting user accounts, troubleshooting errors/problems, and managing user rights.
Network and support peripheral devices such as wireless access points and printers.
Administer the church's virus protection and web filtering policies. Troubleshoot/resolve problems resulting from viruses, spyware, etc.
Configure new computers and rebuild/reformat some older computers every three years or as needed.
Perform routine tape backups and ensure a backup tape is kept offsite weekly.
Assist with technical administration of the website as needed.
Assist with administration of the phone and voice mail system as needed.
Other duties as assigned by the Business Administrator.
Email resumes to Morgan Williams at email@example.com to apply.
Frequently Asked Questions
How many credit hours is the internship course?
The internship course is 3 credit hours.
How many times can I take the internship course? once
You can take the intership course once.
Do I have to pay for these credit hours?Yes.
Can the internship course take the place of Capstone?No.
Does my degree allow me to get credit?
Undergraduate – can only be used for a free elective
Graduate – can be used for CS 7995
Can only be used for free elective
Undergraduate - Can be used toward your concentration elective or a free elective
Graduate – Can used for an elective
Undergraduate – Can be used toward your upper level elective (must meet departmental guidelines to qualify)
Graduate – Can be used toward your elective (must meet departmental guidelines to qualify)
What is my deadline to apply?
You must have an approved and signed learning agreement submitted one week prior to the 1st day of classes for the semester in which you will be doing the internship.
*Note: after your agreement has been filled out by your supervisor and signed, then it must be submitted to the Internship coordinator for approval as well takes on average 48-72 hrs. Upon approval, you will be given instructions to submit an override to register for the course and that can also take up to a week to process. The earlier you submit the better you are.
Who do I talk to and what is the process?
You can first contact the CCSE Internship Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information for internships for credit. For non-credit internships or co-ops, contact Career Planning and Development.
Once you decide you would like to do an internship, you must find the internship. Career Planning and Development has numerous available and your CCSE Internship Coordinator may also be able to help. You should also attend the CCSE Internship Networking Event every Fall (September) and Spring (March). Career Planning and Development also has Career Fairs in the fall and spring.
Once you accept an offer for the internship, work with your supervisor to complete your learning agreement. You and your work supervisor should sign and date the agreement. Also obtain a current job description for your internship.
Scan and Submit via email the signed learning agreement, along with a current job description, to the CCSE Internship Coordinator for approval – you will either be approved or asked for more information and/or changes, assuming you qualify for credit.
Once approved, you will be given an override to register for the course.
Register for the course, pay your tuition and start your internship.
During your internship you will submit bi-weekly status reports of your work; will also be asked to submit an evaluation from your supervisor during midterm and at end of the term. You will be required to submit a final report (outline in the syllabus for the course) and poster. Graduate students will be required to submit an additional extensive paper relating the internship to specific courses they have taken during their academic career.
How many hours do I have to work to qualify?150+ during the semester
International Students and CPT
Can work 40 hrs a week during summer if and only if it is not their final semester and they are not graduating in the summer term.
If it is your final semester and/or you are graduating in summer, they can only work 20 hrs a week.
All international students work a maximum of 20 hrs a week during fall and spring semesters.
All work is counted toward these hours, both on and off campus, paid and unpaid. (so, if you are approved for 40 hrs internship in summer and you also want to work as a GRA, you won't be able to GRA unless you cut your internship hours -- it is a total of 40 hrs of all your work hours)