Co-Ops, Internships and Jobs
Are you looking to gain some experience in your field? Do you want to gain course credit or even get paid to work? An internship/co-op is exactly what you're looking for!
Co-Ops, Internships & Jobs
One Trust Summer Lecture Series
Register for the OneTrust Webinars and give feedback on interested topics
Some highlights of our sessions include:
- Resume and LinkedIn Profile Workshop – We will cover what employers look for in resumes and general resume/LinkedIn tips. In addition to the webinar, we have limited spaces available for the participants to be able to sign up for a time with a member of our recruitment team to help them with their resume and LinkedIn profile.
- Exploring Career Paths Outside of Your Major – We will share our market expertise on the various options and career paths for you in your field of study that might not necessarily be within your major.
- How to Ace Your Interview + Mock Interviews – We will share best practices for interviewing and will be able to schedule some of the participants for mock behavioral interviews with our recruitment team.
- How to Create a Portfolio – We will explain the benefits of building a portfolio and how to do it no matter what field of work you are in. We will also share tips on how to best showcase your skills.
- What is Agile? – In this session we will talk about what Agile is and how it’s used in any and every industry.
AT&T Sponsored Summer Learning Series
When AT&T read the news stories and saw that almost half of all college students lost their summer internship… one AT&T Value came to mind: Be there. Having already honored their commitment to this summer’s AT&T interns – AT&T realized many more students were still in need. And they knew they could help.
Leaning on our AT&T University’s award-winning curriculum, AT&T is launching the AT&T Summer Learning Academy. It’s a free, self-paced online learning “externship” certificate program, designed to support college students looking for something to fill the void.
Below are the key details about the Externship Certificate Program:
- Open to all college students
- Virtual, on-demand 24x7
- Registration is open now through June 12
- Runs from June 22 – July 20 and totals 80 hours
Please click here to view a flyer containing details about the program including a registration link. We look forward to welcoming all college students to the AT&T Summer Learning Academy.
Student Vlog YouTube Playlist
Check back here regularly for new videos about CCSE related internships. To view the entire Student Vlog YouTube Playlist, click the video title or click here.
Co-Op, Internship and Job Requirements
All internships must go through an approval process before a student can be authorized to enroll in the course. Each degree has certain requirements for approval. All internships must be technical in nature and related to your degree.
- Computer Science Students - Counts as FREE ELECTIVE (students must have credits available in FREE ELECTIVE)
- Information Technology - Counts as MAJOR ELECTIVE (will count as "out of concentration" elective in concentration)
- Software Engineering - Counts as MAJOR ELECTIVE (must be software development internship)
- Game Design and Development - Counts as MAJOR ELECTIVE
- MSCS - Counts as Elective
- MSIT - Counts as Elective
- MSSWE - Counts as Elective
Tips for Finding an Internship/Co-Op
- Look on Handshake and apply for internships
- Look on sites such as LinkedIn and Indeed to find internships
- Attend all events possible where industry professionals will be present & bring resumes
- Attend the Internship Networking Events & Career Fairs
- Make an appointment to speak with your Internship Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org
“I decided to work in a co-op because it allowed me to gain experience in my major. It also giveyou a competitive advantage after graduation because you can put the co-op on your resume.”
“My co-op allowed me to test my knowledge at a corporate level and helped me to decide if I wanted to major in Computer Science or Software Engineering.”
“This internship has truly bridged the gap between classroom and field and it will definitely make my transition from graduation to career a much smoother and confident experience.”