HPC Code Camp
The College of Computing and Software Engineering is excited to announce a fantastic opportunity for students in computing to earn up to $300 while studying High Performance Computing (HPC) for Big Data:
- With a special HPC CODE CAMP (8:30AM – 5:00PM, May 10-11, 2018, at J-251, KSU Marietta Campus)
- Leading to a special section of ACST 3340 or ACS 6830 offered summer 2018 regular semester (offered primarily online, with five F2F meetings)
- Leading to completion of a High Performance Computing Certificate.
Sponsored by HPCC Systems, this exclusive program-of-study develops in-demand expertise in Big Data Processing using the open source HPCC Systems platform from LexisNexis® Risk Solutions, resulting in a strong resume credential, an HPC Certificate, and a fun and interesting summer experience. Students in the BA-ACS program can use the HPC certificate to complete their concentration requirement.
Open to any KSU major! To be eligible,
- Undergraduate students must have completed a first programming sequence (any version) and a database course (CS 3410 or CSE 3153).
- Graduate students must be fully-accepted into their graduate program (completion of all foundation courses needed).
Upon acceptance of their formal application, students will earn the $200 stipend after completion of the 2018 HPC Code Camp, with the understanding that they will enroll in ACST 3340/ACS 6830 over the summer semester (2018), with the intention to complete the appropriate certificate (undergraduate or graduate).
Outstanding student projects will be selected for consideration to present at the 2018 HPCC Systems Community Day Summit, an HPC Excellence award of an additional $100, and the completion of their Senior Project over Fall 2018. To apply, follow this link https://goo.gl/forms/RSosuONe2D0NolPD3
Don’t miss this special opportunity, which may not be repeated! Make your summer count for something extraordinary!