Please - we want you to be successful, but failure to follow these instructions will result in a zero for your grade.
Integrated Development Environments
Though you can use whatever IDE you'd like at home, below is the IDE that we recommend and is installed in our labs for the different languages:
- Web-based and doesn’t require installation
- Good for quick coding
- May be used for lab final, so you must be familiar with it
2 ) C#
- Visual Studio for macOS or Windows
- Xcode for macOS
- Visual Studio for Windows
- CSE 1322L students must also install UML and JavaFX plugins
*Note #1: If you're on a Mac, you may try running XCode at home (which should be free in the AppStore).
** Note #2: When submitting files to Gradescope, please make sure to submit all relevant files every time you upload to Gradescope, because previously uploaded files will not be visible to us.
Labs and Assignments using Source Code - submitted in Gradescope:
- Follow the instructions that are posted on our website to complete your lab exercise. For in-class sections, lab exercises must be checked in class by the Instructor or GTA for credit and submitted in Gradescope.
- Upload the source code files to the assignment submission folder in Gradescope:
- C# - .cs files only
- Java - .java files only
- C++ - .cpp files only, though submit .h files when appropriate.
- The files must be uploaded by the due date.
- Autograder will be used to assist in grading lab assignments. If autograder scores an assignment with a grade less than 100%, the grader will automatically grade it by hand, once the submission deadline passes, to ensure the grading is complete and correct.