First Year Experience Resources
We want you to be successful, and to do so, you should use the resources below.
- Professors – Professors have office hours, so this is a great way to get clarification about lecture content.
- Graduate Teaching Assistants – Our GTAs run the labs, so if you have questions about labs or assignments, reach out to them.
- Tutoring Center – Located on the second floor of the Atrium Building (J), the tutoring center is available for online appointments or walk-ins.
- Advising Center – Located across the hall from the Tutoring Center.
Books for CSE 1300
Intro to Computing Principles zyBooks Access Code (REQUIRED). Available at the KSU
bookstore for $61.55.
NOTE: You must use your KSU email/info to subscribe. Be sure to choose the correct instructor and section.
You can also purchase directly from the publisher for $48:
- Sign in or create an account at learn.zybooks.com
- Enter zyBook code: KENNESAWCSE1300KendrickFall2020
Books for CSE 1321
- CSE 1321 Reading Schedule
- Lecture: Programming Fundamentals (for all students)
- C++ Lab: Think C++ - recommended
- Java Lab: Think Java (is also useful for C#) - recommended
- C# Lab: Fundamentals of Computer Programming with C#
Books for CSE 1322
- Lecture/Lab: Java, Java, Java from Trinity College
- Lecture/Lab: Fundamentals of Computer Programming with C#
- CSE 1321 old exams - for example only
You can use whatever development environment you like, but we officially only support Eclipse and Visual Studio. Note, during your face-to-face lab final exam, you will be required to use one of these two environments. Windows users will likely want the 64-bit version when they install. In summary:
- First, you must be familiar with Repl.it. It is web-based and does not require installation.
- If your language is Java: you will install IntelliJ (video or quick guide). You can download the Community Edition on their website.
- If your language is C# or C++, you will want to install Visual Studio 2019. During installation, you have to select which components to install. For C#, you'll see ".NET desktop development" and for C++, you'll see "Desktop development with C++". You can watch videos for how to install VS 2019 for Mac OSX as well as VS 2019 for Windows.
- 1321 Bank o' questions
- 1322 Bank o' questions
- C++ Exercises with solutions
- Java Exercises with solutions
- C# Exercises with solutions
- Java Tutorials
- Professor Hossain's YouTube Channel
- Rick Gesick's Java and C# videos and code samples
- Best Practices for Academic Success by Dr. Bob Brown (from CCSE)
- 20 TED Talks on Programming Everyone Must Watch