CCSE Faculty/Staff Awards
- January 10, 2022: Call for nominations opens.
- February 7, 2022, deadline to submit application package as described on each award
page. Faculty must include a cover sheet without signatures. Staff must include responses
to the questions on the submissions form and two letters of support.
Combine your package as one pdf file and drop it at https://kennesawedu.sharepoint.com/:f:/s/CCSE/deansoffice/Eiu7mDz5LFZMmxeocX3qxMoBvOyoEBLq5dliUQWWItZi4g?e=qxRuiY by the deadline.
- February 24, 2022, the winners of the CCSE awards are announced.
- Faculty Awards: February 25, 2022, at 5:00 pm: the packages of the winners of CCSE awards and runner-ups are forwarded to CETL. March 2022: Selection committees review nominations and make recommendations for winners and finalists where applicable.
- Staff Awards: Submitted in March https://staffawards.kennesaw.edu/
Winners of the CCSE 2022 Faculty Awards:
- Dr. Hossain Shahriar (IT) Outstanding Research and Creative Activity Award
- Dr. Kun Suo (CS) Outstanding Early Career Faculty Award
The College of Computing and Software Engineering Broadening Participation in Computing (BPC) Award.
The CCSE Broadening Participation in Computing (BPC) Award is to celebrate a faculty/administrator/staff
member who has made the most impactful efforts to increase diversity, equity, and
inclusion in the college. The purpose of the award is to demonstrate commitment to
diversity and inclusion. A nominee shall demonstrate understanding and appreciation
of diversity and inclusion issues.
- conduct diversity research and scholarly activities that enhance diversity and inclusion in computing, and or
- assist in the recruitment and retention of diverse faculty, staff, students, and or
promote an understanding of and sensitivity to diversity issues among colleagues and students, and or
- participate in opportunities to raise awareness of diversity and inclusion in computing within the community, and or
- use professional development opportunities to learn about inclusion and diversity in computing.
CCSE uses KSU Staff Awards categories to recognize staff contributions to the college.
Positive Impact/Service to the Community. Follow the criteria at https://staffawards.kennesaw.edu/
Outstanding Owl Award Follow. the criteria at https://staffawards.kennesaw.edu/
Excellence in Innovation Award. Follow the criteria at https://staffawards.kennesaw.edu/
Outstanding Leadership Award. Follow the criteria at https://staffawards.kennesaw.edu/
Student Success Impact Award. Follow the criteria at https://staffawards.kennesaw.edu/
Broadening Participation in Computing (BPC) Award (see above).
CCSE uses KSU Faculty Awards categories to recognize faculty contributions to the
The College Distinguished Professor Award. Follow https://facultydevelopment.kennesaw.edu/awards/ksuawards/distinguished_professor.php
Outstanding Teaching Award. Follow https://facultydevelopment.kennesaw.edu/awards/ksuawards/outstanding_teaching.php
Outstanding Online Teaching Award. Follow https://facultydevelopment.kennesaw.edu/awards/ksuawards/outstanding_online_teaching.php
Outstanding Part-Time Teaching Award. Follow https://facultydevelopment.kennesaw.edu/awards/ksuawards/outstanding_part-time_teaching.php
Outstanding Research and Creative Activity Award. Follow https://facultydevelopment.kennesaw.edu/awards/ksuawards/outstanding_research_and_creative_activity.php
Outstanding Professional Service and Community Engagement Award. Follow https://facultydevelopment.kennesaw.edu/awards/ksuawards/outstanding_professional_service_and_community_engagement_award.php
Outstanding Early Career Faculty Award. Follow https://facultydevelopment.kennesaw.edu/awards/ksuawards/outstanding_early_career_faculty.php
Diversity and Inclusion Award. Follow https://facultydevelopment.kennesaw.edu/awards/ksuawards/diversity_inclusion.php
Madhuri and Jagdish N. Sheth Faculty Award for Distinguished International Achievement. Follow https://facultydevelopment.kennesaw.edu/awards/ksuawards/distinguished_international_achievement.php