Welcome to the Department of Computer Science in the College of Computing and Software Engineering at Kennesaw State University. All of our programs are accredited by the CAC Accreditation Commission of ABET. We emphasize in providing applied computing education with a good solid foundation in basic computing principles and our faculty take pride in our teaching and research excellence. Computer Science is a difficult and ever-changing field that requires persistence, flexibility, and adaptability, but leads to highly rewarding careers with exciting and challenging opportunities.
For more information, please contact:
Dr. Coskun Cetinkaya
Department Chair for Computer Science
Bachelor of Arts in Applied Computer Science Update
The field of computing is ever changing, and to best serve the students of the College of Computing and Software Engineering, the CS department is making a change in the academic programs we offer.
Effective February 1, 2020, the BA in Applied Computer Science is suspending admission and offering alternative paths to graduation for existing students.
For current students in the BAACS program, ACS courses will continue to be offered and we will allow course substitutions and flexibility to ensure all current BAACS students can complete the degree program within three years, by Spring semester 2023.
Students who have not completed their degree requirements by the end of Spring 2023 will need to work with their advisors and the department chair to arrange for substitutions and a plan to complete their degree or a change of major.
We are hosting three meetings to answer any questions you may have. The meetings are:
- Monday, January 27, 2020 at 2:00 p.m. in Chastain Pointe- 206Q
- Monday, January 27, 2020 at 5:30 p.m. in Chastain Pointe- 206Q
- Tuesday, January 28, 2020 at 12:00 p.m. in J262 at Marietta Campus
Please work with your advisor on developing a path to complete your degree. We have expanded flexibility available to you, with our Customized Concentration option and by no longer requiring foreign language courses for a Bachelor of Arts.
A schedule of planned BA-ACS courses is included here, and is available to our college advising team. Dr. Cetinkaya, the chair of the computer Science Department, is also available for substitution approvals and problem solving.
Our focus remains on student progression and degree completion, and we are committed to providing all students a pathway to completing their degree requirements.
Please contact our CCSE advising team for planning and questions:
Computer Science Degrees and Programs:
- Bachelor of Arts (BA) in Applied Computer Science
- Bachelor of Science (BS) in Computer Science
- Masters of Science (MS) in Computer Science
- Doctor in Philosophy (PhD) in Analytics and Data Science
- Minor in Computer Science
- Certificate in High Performance Cluster Computing
- Certificate in Robotics Programming
- Graduate Certificate in Computer Science Foundations
Upcoming CS Events+View Calendar
- Jan29Enercon Company - Talk about STEM Career Opportunities Time: 06:30 pm Location: Marietta Campus, M100 (Textile Building)
- Jan30ICPC – Continuing Programming Practice Sessions - Marietta Campus, Atrium Bldg, JTime: 06:30 pm Location: Marietta Campus, Atrium Bldg, J-251
- Jan31Game Jam Time: 05:00 am Location: Q202