C-Day: Student Information
The Spring 2020 Computing Showcase will be held virtually on Thursday, April 23 from 5:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.Register Your Poster/Game/Project
The deadline to register your poster/game/project is Monday, April 6 at 5:00 p.m. All submissions will be publicly available on CCSE website. No late submissions will be accepted.
Check already submitted posters/games/projects here.
Submissions must include:
- Project Title
- Project Description
- Research Question or Motivation
- Materials and Methods
- Preliminary results
- Intellectual or business merit of your project (this answer will be used in selecting projects for the event)
- Actions you will take to enhance the potential of your project to benefit society
Highly Recommended Project Website
Information about team members (roles in the project, pictures, projected graduation
date, a desire to intern, a dream job, other projects you worked on and a way to be
contacted, LinkedIn link).
Your site will be linked to the program on the CCSE website. You can change information on your site any time. This will help you with the job/internship search.
The project website information can be added later when your project is selected. The website will not be used in the selection process.
Examples from fall 2018: https://lighthousepublic.github.io/Website/ and https://github.com/stoplime/OpenAudioAI/
Notification of Acceptance
Students and their advisors will be notified on Monday, April 13, 2020 if their project/game/poster was selected for C-Day.
Students must submit links to their prerecorded presentations (up to 5 min) and links to a virtual room by Monday, April 20. If you need help with recording or creating a virtual room, contact Svetlana Peltsverger at firstname.lastname@example.org
No poster printing or flash presentation for Spring 2020 C-Day.
Resources for Recording Presentations and Virtual Rooms
- C-Day Project Video Guide
- IT 7993 Project Short Video Guide
- Record and share files using MS Teams https://uits.kennesaw.edu/office365/index.php
- Recording with Zoom https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362473-Local-Recording
- Upload recording to YouTube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klVWGHtRTuE
- Inviting judges via MS Teams https://uits.kennesaw.edu/office365/index.php
- Inviting judges via Zoom https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362183-How-do-I-invite-others-to-join-a-meeting-