As a new student at Kennesaw State University, you will need to do a series of steps before you can get registered.
Obtaining a Registration Time Ticket
You will be automatically assigned a registration time ticket within 24-48 hours of being accepted. You can find your time ticket in OWL express account. You can register for your courses during the period assigned by the time ticket.
Figure out classes to take
Print a copy your curriculum sheet. Curriculum sheets change every year, so it is important that you are following the correct sheet for your catalog year. Catalogs follow academic years, which run Fall (August) - Summer (July). Your catalog year is dependent on when you start; E.g. if you start in August of 2018, January of 2019, or May of 2019 you will follow the 2018-19 catalog year.
The IT department has a permanent schedule, which shows when a course will be offered. It is highly Recommended to create a two-year study plan using the template below. The template contains general information, tips, and suggestions on courses to take to satisfy your program requirement. Please complete a study plan and send the completed study plan to Ms. Melinda Ross, Graduate Student Support Director, at email@example.com or Dr. Lei Li at firstname.lastname@example.org for verification.Template for Creating a Study Plan
Feel free to contact Ms. Ross and Dr. Li, if you need help with study plan.
Register for your courses
You need to use Owl Express to register for classes.
- Obtain and activate your NetID if you have not yet done so.
- Log in to Owl Express.
- Click on "Registration".
- Right click on "Class Schedule Search" to bring up the context menu.
- Select "Open Link in New Tab" or "Open Link in New Window"
- In the new tab or window, select the term you are registering for in the drop down menu.
- Using your curriculum sheet, in which you have identified the courses you need to
take, select the subject of the course. You can narrow down by the course number.
E.g. Subject: IT 6413.
Begin building your schedule. Record the day, time and which campus the course is on, as well as the CRN of the course.
- You can only select open classes. If the class is closed and has a wait list, you may get on the wait list. Wait lists come with important information.
- In the "Registration" tab or window that you still have open, left click "Class Registration (Add or Drop Classes)".
- In the text boxes on this page, put in the CRNs you wrote down while creating your
Once you put the CRNs in, click on the "Submit Changes" button.
This should register you for the courses you have selected. If you encounter errors, a closed class, or holds, please contact Melinda Ross at email@example.com. Make sure that you include your 9 digit ksu ID and error message in your email.