Test Credit


  • Policies

    Allowing students to attempt an advanced standing exam is at the discretion of the department offering the exam. Students who have previously attempted CSE 1321, CSE 1321L, CSE 1322 or CSE 1322L and passed (with a C or D grade) may not be permitted to attempt an Advanced Standing Exam.

    Enrollment Services policy
    Authorization will not be given for a course under any of the following circumstances.
    A. If the course has been previously audited. (you have a 'V' grade)
    B. If the course has been previously scheduled and failed.
    C. If the course has been previously scheduled, but the student has withdrawn after two calendar weeks from the day the semester begins.
    D. If the student is currently enrolled in the course.
    E. If the course is an introduction to a course for which the student is currently enrolled. (This provision does not apply to skill courses such as Physical Education or Music, for example).
    3. Credit earned by the Institutional Advanced Standing examination may neither be used to satisfy Residency requirements nor used to satisfy more than one-half of the major field or minor field requirements in a program of study.
    4. A non-refudable fee will be assessed for each Institutional Advanced Standing examination attempted; no course may be attempted more than once.
    5. A student must be admitted to Kennesaw State University at the time of the application for Advanced Standing examination and must be enrolled in the university to receive credit for a course by Advanced Standing examination.
    6. If a student transfers to another university, it is the decision of that institution as to whether or not the examination credit will transfer.


    1. Students go to Owl Express and look for "Prior Learning Assessment".  
    2. Choose the class(es) you want to test out of (CSE1321, CSE1321L, CSE1322, CSE1322L).  
    3. An email is generated to the CCSE First Year Experience Coordinator.
    4. A fee is automatically assessed to the student ($60/exam).  
    5. Student organizes a time to take the test with the CCSE First Year Experience Coordinator.
    6. The CCSE First Year Experience Coordinator grades the test and submits the grade.
  • Check out the Testing website's page for the steps you need to take to get CLEP credit for one or more general education courses.

    Don't forget about the free, online, self-paced test prep website modernstates.org - which might provide a voucher to cover the cost!