Internships and Jobs
Are you looking to gain some expreience in your field? Do you want to gain course credit or even get paid to work? An internship/co-op is exactly what you’re looking for!
Your Internship Coordinator
Ms. Dawn Tatum is here to answer any questions you may have about internships, co-ops and future job opportunities! She works side-by-side with the Career Planning & Development department to bring industry partners and students together.
Office: KSU Marietta Campus, Atrium (J) 358
“I decided to work in a co-op because it allowed me to gain experience in my major. It also giveyou a competitive advantage after graduation because you can put the co-op on your resume.”
“My co-op allowed me to test my knowledge at a corporate level and helped me to decide if I wanted to major in Computer Science or Software Engineering.”
CEDAR CO-OP - Application Support Analyst
CEDAR is a leading provider of an innovative generation of powerful Private-Cloud-Based Managed Services solutions for Strategic Document Outsourcing (SDO), Customer Communications Management (CCM), Electronic Invoice Presentment & Payment (EIPP) and Electronic Bill Presentment & Payment (EBPP), reshaping the way companies do business with their customers and partners.
Our Application Services Department supports CEDAR software that our clients utilize to communicate with their customers and partners. The technology stack that our Application Support Analysts use on a daily basis consists of Linux, SQL, and various scripting languages.
We are seeking Co-Ops that are interested in Application Support careers supporting applications that run on Linux operating systems. Interested candidates will only be considered if they attend classes that teach UNIX or Linux curriculum.
Position Specific Competencies:
Assists with issue resolution and/or root cause analysis of operational issues, utilizing tools such as Java, Python, Oracle Databases, BASH, and Selenium to debug code and data issues in complex workflows and applications. Participates in daily Issue Status meetings. Follows issue remediation policies.
MONITORING and ASSURANCE
Monitors production processing, outputs and services to ensure that agreed levels of service and other quality metrics are being met. Ensures that processing exceptions are reported for remediation.
SOFTWARE RELEASE PROMOTION ACTIVITIES
Participation in software release management and system configuration for application changes.
Adheres to deployment and hot fix standards.
DOCUMENTATION and PROCEDURES
Understand and follow process documentation. Document procedures, services, issues, and changes as required.
- Computer Science / IT Major taking classes that teach the UNIX/Linux Operating System.
- Interested in a career in Application Support.
VMware Code House - Looking for Female Students
Applications are now being taken for an invite-only, all-expense paid, coding experience for female students pursuing a Bachelor’s, Master’s or PhD in Computer Science or
Students should apply on the VMware CodeHouse site:
AT&T L1VE – Calling all Rising Seniors!
I’m excited to share that AT&T is taking it up a notch this October and inviting top talented students to Dallas to experience the excitement first hand. AT&T L1VE is a fast track option for candidates interested in their College programs. This all-expense paid trip to Dallas will put students among the best and brightest in their field and will feature competitions, client interactions, tours, networking and fun. Interviews will happen on-sight for all attendees!
So, what did last year look like? We’re glad you asked- here is The AT&T L1VE Experience from 2017.
What does it take to qualify?
For Technology Development Programs:
- Graduating May 2019 with a degree in Computer Science or STEM related degree with programming skills
- Minimum of 2 internships within field of study or Minimum of 1 internship and Senior Capstone (can be in process)
- Preferred GPA of 3.3 or higher
- Leadership experience: Campus club, Eagle Scout, etc.
- Technical aptitude, strong analytical skills, problem solver, team oriented
Locations: Dallas TX, Atlanta GA, El Segundo CA, Middletown NJ and more
Cyber security program is also available
Interested students who meet the qualifications for the program(s) have until AUGUST 1st to apply to the following site: AT&T L1VE 2018 - Invitation to Apply
Questions? Contact Ryan Gibson
Associate Director – College Recruiting
AT&T Human Resources I E: email@example.com
Verifone is looking for Interns (Summer 2018)
Verifone has some internships still available for summer 2018. Please contact Val Marchevsky (ValM1@verifone.com) with your resume and email cover letter if you are interested. The areas you must have qualifications in are one of the following:
- DevOps Engineering (Jenkins, Jira,…)
- Test automation (Python, Ruby, …)
- Embedded system development (C/C++, RTOS, Linux, …)
- Android SW development (Java, C/C++, Linux, …)
Contact Dawn Tatum at KSU CCSE (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have questions.
Your Talent. Our Vision. At Anthem, Inc., it’s a powerful combination, and the foundation upon which we’re creating greater access to care for our members, greater value for our customers, and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care.
This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve at one of America's leading health benefits companies and a Fortune Top 50 Company.
Project work could be focused, but not limited to the following:
- Responsible for participating in all phases of the development and maintenance life cycle, typically for an assigned business unit or corporate department and utilizing various customer technology platforms.
- Develops relationships with the business to better understand business requirements.
- Develops knowledge in change request process and develops exhibits and other materials, under supervision.
- Assists in documenting limited business and technical requirements and coding of system components.
- Assists in developing unit test plans and is given specific tasks to support implementation plan.
- Develops the ability to provide on-call support and monitor the system.
- Facilitates small groups in peer code reviews and participates in vendor evaluation.
- Student must be currently enrolled in a program of study at an accredited college or university seeking an Associate’s degree, Bachelor’s degree, or Graduate degree in computer science or information systems, or related field.
We are unable to consider students requiring future sponsorship for this role.
The Release Management internship is an excellent opportunity for an undergraduate or graduate student majoring in computer science, engineering, IT or a related field. The selected individual will be tasked with making code changes to various portals, ensuring dependencies are in place, support and facilitate steps for changes to respective applications and ensure all processes are followed.
What's needed to excel in this role? Critical thinking, strong organizational skills, impeccable attention to detail, good negotiation skills and a superb analytical foundation.
Candidates must be currently enrolled in a program of study at an accredited college or university with an applicable major (noted above).
Contact Monica O’Neal, SHRM - SCP at email@example.com
Savant is Hiring for Interns & Full Time positions
Savant is looking for both Full Time and Interns to join their group of dynamic employees who have the privilege of working on multitudes of problems/issues to develop unique solutions as a team. Their main focus is Managed IT services, but that of course changes everyday in scope and expectation. If you are up for a challenge and up for learning a lot, this might be the place for you!
Email Lee Heisman (firstname.lastname@example.org) to make your introduction and give him your resume. Nothing fancy...just the nutshell...who are you, what do you want to do, what are you good at and how does that fit with managed it services.
PLAE is seeking a Web Design & Develpment Intern
PLAE is a company that sells athletic flooring to high-end brands around the world (pro teams, Division 1 programs, etc.). Their 3-person team handles all of their marketing (video production, graphic design, web development, social media, etc.), and are looking for some help!
Location: Woodstock, GA
Position: Web designer and development intern
• 20+ hrs/week
• We’re looking for ambitious, energetic individuals who work well in team atmospheres, take initiative, and crank out good work in a timely manner.
To apply or for questions, email Tim Cibene at email@example.com
We recently posted several intern opportunities located in Atlanta and would love for you to share the descriptions with your students/network. A few of the descriptions are listed below. All candidates should apply on-line at www.antheminc.com as soon as possible for consideration.
Technical Test Data Intern (Position #PS5497)
and many other positions are available.
Couple of things regarding the internships:
1. The roles are in Atlanta and the duration is at least 6 months (part-time)
2. Start date is May 21st or June 11th
3. Since our program is a pipeline to early career positions within Anthem unfortunately we are unable to consider students that require future visa sponsorship.
Georgia Pacific Internship
This role will work with an emerging technology team to identify and evaluate new technologies to determine if they will be a valuable tool for Georgia-Pacific manufacturing operations.
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
Analyzing and understanding opportunities to optimize manufacturing operations
Researching technologies and identifying how they can be applied effectively to add value
Participating in rapid experimental discovery initiatives to evaluate technology fit
- 3.0 Overall GPA
- Completion of a Bachelor's Degree by June 2018 in Computer Science, Engineering, or Business-related field
- Experience or coursework related to Internet of Things technologies
- Ability to travel
What Will Put You Ahead?
- Prior work or internship experience in Machine Vision and/or Computer Vision Technologies
- Prior work or internship experience in Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) Technologies (wireless sensors, embedded programming, IoT Platforms, Cloud Computing, etc.)
- Skills coding prototypes (e.g. Raspberry Pi, Arduino, etc.)
Why work for Georgia-Pacific?
- A culture that places top priority on integrity and compliance
- Opportunity for career growth at one of the largest, financially stable companies in the world
- Encouragement to challenge the status quo and share knowledge
- Responsibilities and rewards based on contributions
- Continued company growth due to reinvesting 90% of our earnings
- Competitive pay and benefits that help you manage your personal and financial wellness
Apply here: https://kennesaw.joinhandshake.com/jobs/1442116
Want to learn more about Georgia-Pacific?
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf
Tech Square Labs InternshipTech Square Labs is a growing company looking for some strategic programming talent to design and develop new feature and integrations as their business grows. Email: Contact@TechConnectHub.com for more information.
HPCC Systems Platforms Team Internship 2018
The application period for 2018 internships with the HPCC Systems platform team is now open. We would be delighted to receive applications from KSU students to work on projects which make a real difference to the HPCC System open source project and community.
Application is by project proposal submission. We have a wide range of available projects suitable for students across all levels of study from high school to PhD.
The internship lasts for 12 weeks starting early June and ending in the middle of August, although we can be flexible about these dates. Final proposals must be sent to me by the deadline date (see below). We have provided an example of what we like to see and some proposal preparation instructions.
There is a post on our community forum with some additional information. More information about the program and projects completed by students in previous years is also available on our student wiki and there is a blog you can read describing the application process and intern experience.
The deadline date for proposals is April 6th, 2018. We do make early offers to students who submit an excellent proposal we know we want to accept before the deadline date.
Summer 2018 Internship Opportunity - First Data (begins in October)Apply & recieve more information, here.
InComm EPIC Internships Open
InComm currently intern positions to fill in IT, Trade Marketing/Accounting, and Accounting. Students can apply online at our career site. EPIC interns work 20 hours per week/Year Round. This is not a summer internship nor a co-op.
- Business Analysis
- System Analysis
- IT Tracking resources; hardware, software and licenses
- Prioritization activities
- Testing software, processes and procedures
- Analysis & documentation of processes, procedures, features & functions of InComm platforms
- Developing presentations
- Students entering their sophomore year through graduate school are eligible
- Student works a minimum of 20 hours per week year round
- 2.75 GPA and above
Anthem, Inc. Information Technology Performance Management Intern
The Information Technology Performance Management Intern will have the opportunity to work alongside our IT Performance Management team and learn the many facets of data collection/data warehouse support and reporting. They will have a passion for metrics which will afford them the opportunity to contribute their Tableau/SAP Business Objects knowledge and create/modify/maintain a variety of dashboards utilized throughout the Anthem organization. This body of work will impact a wide audience.
We are looking for an individual that enjoys learning new tools, working with data and performing analysis. Leveraging their superb communication skills, the Intern will work in a highly collaborative environment that works toward aggressive timelines while maintaining quality. Interested in being innovative and learning new techniques? This could be the internship for you!
If interested, contact :
Monica O’Neal, SHRM - SCP
Anthem, Inc –Program Manager
Brickhouse Resources Talent builders: Emerging Talent Program
Brickhouse Resources is a boutique staffing firm specializing in providing a fresh solution for companies searching for IT Talent. The Talent Builder program addresses the IT Talent Shortage and an Aging Workforce by providing access to a fully formed Campus Recruiting solution for companies without one or for companies that need to supplement an existing program.
We are currently seeking candidates interested in paid internships in the Atlanta area.
Interns should meet the following minimum requirements:
- Current student or recent graduate in a graduate or undergraduate program with a strong academic standing
- Strong interpersonal, analytical and communication skills
- Ability to work on a team as well as independently
- Desire to gain professional experience; eager to learn
- Exhibit initiative, motivation, and drive
We are seeking candidates from the following Majors:
- Computer Science
- Data Analysis
- Information Technology
In addition to competitive pay, Brickhouse provides workforce preparation training and mentorship. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. If interested, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Railserve- IT Position
Railserve, Inc., an Industry Advisory Board member of CCSE has an IT generalist position open: www.railserve.biz/jobs.html
Georgia based consumer products company is seeking an entry-level Web Developer
Our client, located in Lawrenceville, GA, has a contract to hire opportunity for an entry level Web Developer with 1 to 2 years’ experience. The client is a Georgia based consumer products company with a focus on the pool and spa industry. The company is investing heavily in technology with the goal of revolutionizing the industry. To support its core business the company is committed to developing innovative consumer technologies like mobile APPs, connected devices and new pool water testing technologies. They are going to market with an omni-channel strategy and the Web Operations Associate will be responsible for supporting all aspects of their extensive web presence.
If you excel at website development, user experience and have an advanced understanding of web programming languages then this is the role for you. About This Role: Title: Web Operations Associate is responsible for all aspects of a web sites architecture including template development, design, third party integrations, analytics, hosting, database connectivity, Content Management, account creation and support. In the role you will apply your understanding of website platforms, web development, industry trends and ecommerce systems to create sites based on our marketing team's requirements and target KPIs. You will concept the site from the requirements gather phase working with our design team to create visually appealing sites that feature user-friendly design and clear navigation ensuring that each site is delivered consistently across multiple mobile and desktop platforms. You should be comfortable modifying existing code and collaborating with outside partners to develop and ultimately launch the site in our hosting environment with a CMS that enables quick updates when our businesses need them updated. You will also lead the integration of third party software solutions into our web sites such as education platforms, mapping solutions for store locators or analytics and tagging systems.
Finally, you will manage operation and support processes that govern the web space for the entire global organization. Day to Day Summary the Web Operations Associate will be responsible for the day-to-day operations of the companies 30+ web properties. You will work cross functionally with brand and product marketers to define business requirements and launch website, landing pages and marketing content. You will transform the marketing vision, designs and wireframes into content that can be managed within the CMS framework. You are responsible for content, HTML and, CSS templates structures for the content management system.
What You Will Do
- Coordinate with marketing brand managers to create the digital version of our brand experience
- Structure web sites consistently while providing enough flexibility to accommodate different visual designs
- Work with 3rd party developers to convert legacy websites into one compatible with our current Concrete5 CMS tool
- Assume ownership of our tagging strategy to inform analytics and reporting
- Minor backend coding as necessary to fix an issue or update templates
- Content management for internal and external brand and corporate sites
- Scripting data export requests from various databases behind our websites
- Implement an improved version control for web site launches and updates
- Configure DNS hosting and domain registrars Identify new activities and technologies for cost savings and efficiencies
- Take over ownership of our $30 MM annual B2B ecommerce site
- Think analytically; interpret data to create innovative online merchandising campaigns
- Create project execution timelines; leading business and technical staff as a project manager
- Successfully launch new web based applications and capabilities to support brand objectives
- Identify and implement new technology and functionality to improve user experience
- Manage content launches and ensure the marketing designs fits the CMS templates/framework
- Develop all HTML/CSS template structures for to ensure user experience across an omni-channel environment
- Manage 3rd party developers to ensure consistency code delivery
- Provide a Tier 1 content support role to help resolve issues for the content managers
- Support 3rd party tools or modules integrated with web properties.
What You Need To Succeed:
- A smart, self-starter that isn't afraid to challenge the status quo
- 1-2 years of experience (Internships & Project work accepted as well)
- A driven motivated individual that makes things happen
- BS or technical education in web development or design Expertise in project management and the ability to manage multiple initiatives
- Strong communication skills and the ability to drive change working in cross-functional teams
- Strong sense of urgency and ability to make decisions and manage change in a fast-paced environment
- An entrepreneurial and innovative way of thinking.
Please send resumes to email@example.com
Keywords: Web Development, Web Operations, Hosting, CSS/HTML, SQL, Web CMS, Website Marketing, Project Management, Ecommerce *PRO
Equifax is looking to hire a Master Student for Data Scientist, Keying & Linking
The Data Scientist will perform complex modeling and algorithm development on large data sets to resolve disparate data into a single real world entity and develop relationship structures among entities. Typical solutions will use probabilistic matching, machine learning and graph theory to resolve entities, and very large scale structured and unstructured data sets. Additional responsibilities will be to develop proven processes to enhance data, develop quantitative and qualitative analysis to validate recommendations and create clear presentations.
Travelport is seeking HRTS Analyst I
Travelport is a Travel Commerce Platform providing distribution, technology, payment, mobile and other solutions for the global travel and tourism industry. With a presence in approximately 180 countries, over 3,700 employees, and an additional 1,200 employees at IGT Solutions Private Ltd who provide us with application development services, our 2016 net revenue was over $2.35 billion. Travelport is comprised of:
• A Travel Commerce Platform through which it facilitates travel commerce by connecting the world’s leading travel providers with online and offline travel buyers in a proprietary business-to-business (B2B) travel marketplace. Travelport has a leadership position in airline merchandising, hotel content and rate distribution, mobile travel commerce and a pioneering B2B payment solution that addresses the needs of travel intermediaries to efficiently and securely settle travel transactions.
• Technology Services through which it provides critical IT services to airlines, such as shopping, ticketing, departure control and other solutions, enabling them to focus on their core business competencies and reduce costs.
HRTS Analyst I
• Working with databases and HR systems in functional role with regard to configurations, enhancements and customizations
• Working with developers to customize reports, feeds, which would go to other systems
• Driving systems in a unique way
• The knowledge you gain from HR processes is phenomenal and is a great way to learn various HR functions
• A degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Computer Information Systems, or related degree
• 0-2 years of experience in database
• Knowledge of and experience using SQL, Excel
• Analytical thinker
• Understanding of functions and formulas in database tables at a more functional level
• Experience in configuring a system or module and/or adding fields
• Creative, ability to think outside of the box and drive efficiencies for the business
• Good written and verbal communication across all levels
Please send resume and cover letters to Allison.Carter@travelport.com
Burnt Hickory Baptist Church is seeking a Network Associate
The Network Associate is a part-time position that reports to the Director of IT.
Keep the server and all client computers current with the latest updates.
Provide technical support to staff to include adding/deleting user accounts, troubleshooting errors/problems, and managing user rights.
Network and support peripheral devices such as wireless access points and printers.
Administer the church's virus protection and web filtering policies. Troubleshoot/resolve problems resulting from viruses, spyware, etc.
Configure new computers and rebuild/reformat some older computers every three years or as needed.
Perform routine tape backups and ensure a backup tape is kept offsite weekly.
Assist with technical administration of the website as needed.
Assist with administration of the phone and voice mail system as needed.
Other duties as assigned by the Business Administrator.
Email resumes to Morgan Williams at firstname.lastname@example.org to apply.
Frequently Asked Questions
How many credit hours is the internship course?
The internship course is 3 credit hours.
How many times can I take the internship course? once
You can take the intership course once.
Do I have to pay for these credit hours?Yes.
Can the internship course take the place of Capstone?No.
Does my degree allow me to get credit?
Undergraduate – can only be used for a free elective
Graduate – can be used for CS 7995
Can only be used for free elective
Undergraduate - Can be used toward your concentration elective or a free elective
Graduate – Can used for an elective
Undergraduate – Can be used toward your upper level elective (must meet departmental guidelines to qualify)
Graduate – Can be used toward your elective (must meet departmental guidelines to qualify)
What is my deadline to apply?
You must have an approved and signed learning agreement submitted one week prior to the 1st day of classes for the semester in which you will be doing the internship.
*Note: after your agreement has been filled out by your supervisor and signed, then it must be submitted to the Internship coordinator for approval as well takes on average 48-72 hrs. Upon approval, you will be given instructions to submit an override to register for the course and that can also take up to a week to process. The earlier you submit the better you are.
Who do I talk to and what is the process?
You can first contact the CCSE Internship Coordinator at email@example.com for more information for internships for credit. For non-credit internships or co-ops, contact Career Planning and Development.
Once you decide you would like to do an internship, you must find the internship. Career Planning and Development has numerous available and your CCSE Internship Coordinator may also be able to help. You should also attend the CCSE Internship Networking Event every Fall (September) and Spring (March). Career Planning and Development also has Career Fairs in the fall and spring.
Once you accept an offer for the internship, work with your supervisor to complete your learning agreement. You and your work supervisor should sign and date the agreement. Also obtain a current job description for your internship.
Scan and Submit via email the signed learning agreement, along with a current job description, to the CCSE Internship Coordinator for approval – you will either be approved or asked for more information and/or changes, assuming you qualify for credit.
Once approved, you will be given an override to register for the course.
Register for the course, pay your tuition and start your internship.
During your internship you will submit bi-weekly status reports of your work; will also be asked to submit an evaluation from your supervisor during midterm and at end of the term. You will be required to submit a final report (outline in the syllabus for the course) and poster. Graduate students will be required to submit an additional extensive paper relating the internship to specific courses they have taken during their academic career.
How many hours do I have to work to qualify?150+ during the semester
International Students and CPT
Can work 40 hrs a week during summer if and only if it is not their final semester and they are not graduating in the summer term.
If it is your final semester and/or you are graduating in summer, they can only work 20 hrs a week.
All international students work a maximum of 20 hrs a week during fall and spring semesters.
All work is counted toward these hours, both on and off campus, paid and unpaid. (so, if you are approved for 40 hrs internship in summer and you also want to work as a GRA, you won't be able to GRA unless you cut your internship hours -- it is a total of 40 hrs of all your work hours)