Internships and Jobs
Are you looking to gain some expreience in your field? Do you want to gain course credit or even get paid to work? An internship/co-op is exactly what you’re looking for!
Your Internship Coordinator
Ms. Dawn Tatum is here to answer any questions you may have about internships, co-ops and future job opportunities! She works side-by-side with the Career Planning & Development department to bring industry partners and students together.
Office: KSU Marietta Campus, Atrium (J) 358
“I decided to work in a co-op because it allowed me to gain experience in my major. It also giveyou a competitive advantage after graduation because you can put the co-op on your resume.”
“My co-op allowed me to test my knowledge at a corporate level and helped me to decide if I wanted to major in Computer Science or Software Engineering.”
PLAE is seeking a Web Design & Develpment Intern
PLAE is a company that sells athletic flooring to high-end brands around the world (pro teams, Division 1 programs, etc.). Their 3-person team handles all of their marketing (video production, graphic design, web development, social media, etc.), and are looking for some help!
Location: Woodstock, GA
Position: Web designer and development intern
• 20+ hrs/week
• We’re looking for ambitious, energetic individuals who work well in team atmospheres, take initiative, and crank out good work in a timely manner.
To apply or for questions, email Tim Cibene at email@example.com
We recently posted several intern opportunities located in Atlanta and would love for you to share the descriptions with your students/network. A few of the descriptions are listed below. All candidates should apply on-line at www.antheminc.com as soon as possible for consideration.
Technical Test Data Intern (Position #PS5497)
and many other positions are available.
Couple of things regarding the internships:
1. The roles are in Atlanta and the duration is at least 6 months (part-time)
2. Start date is May 21st or June 11th
3. Since our program is a pipeline to early career positions within Anthem unfortunately we are unable to consider students that require future visa sponsorship.
Equifax is looking to hire a Master Student for Data Scientist, Keying & Linking
The Data Scientist will perform complex modeling and algorithm development on large data sets to resolve disparate data into a single real world entity and develop relationship structures among entities. Typical solutions will use probabilistic matching, machine learning and graph theory to resolve entities, and very large scale structured and unstructured data sets. Additional responsibilities will be to develop proven processes to enhance data, develop quantitative and qualitative analysis to validate recommendations and create clear presentations.
Georgia Pacific Internship
This role will work with an emerging technology team to identify and evaluate new technologies to determine if they will be a valuable tool for Georgia-Pacific manufacturing operations.
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
Analyzing and understanding opportunities to optimize manufacturing operations
Researching technologies and identifying how they can be applied effectively to add value
Participating in rapid experimental discovery initiatives to evaluate technology fit
- 3.0 Overall GPA
- Completion of a Bachelor's Degree by June 2018 in Computer Science, Engineering, or Business-related field
- Experience or coursework related to Internet of Things technologies
- Ability to travel
What Will Put You Ahead?
- Prior work or internship experience in Machine Vision and/or Computer Vision Technologies
- Prior work or internship experience in Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) Technologies (wireless sensors, embedded programming, IoT Platforms, Cloud Computing, etc.)
- Skills coding prototypes (e.g. Raspberry Pi, Arduino, etc.)
Why work for Georgia-Pacific?
- A culture that places top priority on integrity and compliance
- Opportunity for career growth at one of the largest, financially stable companies in the world
- Encouragement to challenge the status quo and share knowledge
- Responsibilities and rewards based on contributions
- Continued company growth due to reinvesting 90% of our earnings
- Competitive pay and benefits that help you manage your personal and financial wellness
Apply here: https://kennesaw.joinhandshake.com/jobs/1442116
Want to learn more about Georgia-Pacific?
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf
Burnt Hickory Baptist Church is seeking a Network Associate
The Network Associate is a part-time position that reports to the Director of IT.
- Keep the server and all client computers current with the latest updates.
- Provide technical support to staff to include adding/deleting user accounts, troubleshooting errors/problems, and managing user rights.
- Network and support peripheral devices such as wireless access points and printers.
- Administer the church's virus protection and web filtering policies. Troubleshoot/resolve problems resulting from viruses, spyware, etc.
- Configure new computers and rebuild/reformat some older computers every three years or as needed.
- Perform routine tape backups and ensure a backup tape is kept offsite weekly.
- Assist with technical administration of the website as needed.
- Assist with administration of the phone and voice mail system as needed.
- Other duties as assigned by the Business Administrator.
Email resumes to Morgan Williams at firstname.lastname@example.org to apply.
Travelport is seeking an HRTS Analyst I
Travelport is a Travel Commerce Platform providing distribution, technology, payment, mobile and other solutions for the global travel and tourism industry. With a presence in approximately 180 countries, over 3,700 employees, and an additional 1,200 employees at IGT Solutions Private Ltd who provide us with application development services, our 2016 net revenue was over $2.35 billion. Travelport is comprised of:
• A Travel Commerce Platform through which it facilitates travel commerce by connecting the world’s leading travel providers with online and offline travel buyers in a proprietary business-to-business (B2B) travel marketplace. Travelport has a leadership position in airline merchandising, hotel content and rate distribution, mobile travel commerce and a pioneering B2B payment solution that addresses the needs of travel intermediaries to efficiently and securely settle travel transactions.
• Technology Services through which it provides critical IT services to airlines, such as shopping, ticketing, departure control and other solutions, enabling them to focus on their core business competencies and reduce costs.
HRTS Analyst I
• Working with databases and HR systems in functional role with regard to configurations, enhancements and customizations
• Working with developers to customize reports, feeds, which would go to other systems
• Driving systems in a unique way
• The knowledge you gain from HR processes is phenomenal and is a great way to learn various HR functions
• A degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Computer Information Systems, or related degree
• 0-2 years of experience in database
• Knowledge of and experience using SQL, Excel
• Analytical thinker
• Understanding of functions and formulas in database tables at a more functional level
• Experience in configuring a system or module and/or adding fields
• Creative, ability to think outside of the box and drive efficiencies for the business
• Good written and verbal communication across all levels
Please send resume and cover letters to Allison.Carter@travelport.com
Tech Square Labs InternshipTech Square Labs is a growing company looking for some strategic programming talent to design and develop new feature and integrations as their business grows. Email: Contact@TechConnectHub.com for more information.
HPCC Systems Platforms Team Internship 2018
The application period for 2018 internships with the HPCC Systems platform team is now open. We would be delighted to receive applications from KSU students to work on projects which make a real difference to the HPCC System open source project and community.
Application is by project proposal submission. We have a wide range of available projects suitable for students across all levels of study from high school to PhD.
The internship lasts for 12 weeks starting early June and ending in the middle of August, although we can be flexible about these dates. Final proposals must be sent to me by the deadline date (see below). We have provided an example of what we like to see and some proposal preparation instructions.
There is a post on our community forum with some additional information. More information about the program and projects completed by students in previous years is also available on our student wiki and there is a blog you can read describing the application process and intern experience.
The deadline date for proposals is April 6th, 2018. We do make early offers to students who submit an excellent proposal we know we want to accept before the deadline date.
Summer 2018 Internship Opportunity - First Data (begins in October)Apply & recieve more information, here.
InComm EPIC Internships Open
InComm currently intern positions to fill in IT, Trade Marketing/Accounting, and Accounting. Students can apply online at our career site. EPIC interns work 20 hours per week/Year Round. This is not a summer internship nor a co-op.
- Business Analysis
- System Analysis
- IT Tracking resources; hardware, software and licenses
- Prioritization activities
- Testing software, processes and procedures
- Analysis & documentation of processes, procedures, features & functions of InComm platforms
- Developing presentations
- Students entering their sophomore year through graduate school are eligible
- Student works a minimum of 20 hours per week year round
- 2.75 GPA and above
Anthem, Inc. Information Technology Performance Management Intern
The Information Technology Performance Management Intern will have the opportunity to work alongside our IT Performance Management team and learn the many facets of data collection/data warehouse support and reporting. They will have a passion for metrics which will afford them the opportunity to contribute their Tableau/SAP Business Objects knowledge and create/modify/maintain a variety of dashboards utilized throughout the Anthem organization. This body of work will impact a wide audience.
We are looking for an individual that enjoys learning new tools, working with data and performing analysis. Leveraging their superb communication skills, the Intern will work in a highly collaborative environment that works toward aggressive timelines while maintaining quality. Interested in being innovative and learning new techniques? This could be the internship for you!
If interested, contact :
Monica O’Neal, SHRM - SCP
Anthem, Inc –Program Manager
Brickhouse Resources Talent builders: Emerging Talent Program
Brickhouse Resources is a boutique staffing firm specializing in providing a fresh solution for companies searching for IT Talent. The Talent Builder program addresses the IT Talent Shortage and an Aging Workforce by providing access to a fully formed Campus Recruiting solution for companies without one or for companies that need to supplement an existing program.
We are currently seeking candidates interested in paid internships in the Atlanta area.
Interns should meet the following minimum requirements:
- Current student or recent graduate in a graduate or undergraduate program with a strong academic standing
- Strong interpersonal, analytical and communication skills
- Ability to work on a team as well as independently
- Desire to gain professional experience; eager to learn
- Exhibit initiative, motivation, and drive
We are seeking candidates from the following Majors:
- Computer Science
- Data Analysis
- Information Technology
In addition to competitive pay, Brickhouse provides workforce preparation training and mentorship. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. If interested, please submit your resume to email@example.com.
Frequently Asked Questions
How many credit hours is the internship course?
The internship course is 3 credit hours.
How many times can I take the internship course? once
You can take the intership course once.
Do I have to pay for these credit hours?Yes.
Can the internship course take the place of Capstone?No.
Does my degree allow me to get credit?
Undergraduate – can only be used for a free elective
Graduate – can be used for CS 7995
Can only be used for free elective
Undergraduate - Can be used toward your concentration elective or a free elective
Graduate – Can used for an elective
Undergraduate – Can be used toward your upper level elective (must meet departmental guidelines to qualify)
Graduate – Can be used toward your elective (must meet departmental guidelines to qualify)
What is my deadline to apply?
You must have an approved and signed learning agreement submitted one week prior to the 1st day of classes for the semester in which you will be doing the internship.
*Note: after your agreement has been filled out by your supervisor and signed, then it must be submitted to the Internship coordinator for approval as well takes on average 48-72 hrs. Upon approval, you will be given instructions to submit an override to register for the course and that can also take up to a week to process. The earlier you submit the better you are.
Who do I talk to and what is the process?
You can first contact the CCSE Internship Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information for internships for credit. For non-credit internships or co-ops, contact Career Planning and Development.
Once you decide you would like to do an internship, you must find the internship. Career Planning and Development has numerous available and your CCSE Internship Coordinator may also be able to help. You should also attend the CCSE Internship Networking Event every Fall (September) and Spring (March). Career Planning and Development also has Career Fairs in the fall and spring.
Once you accept an offer for the internship, work with your supervisor to complete your learning agreement. You and your work supervisor should sign and date the agreement. Also obtain a current job description for your internship.
Scan and Submit via email the signed learning agreement, along with a current job description, to the CCSE Internship Coordinator for approval – you will either be approved or asked for more information and/or changes, assuming you qualify for credit.
Once approved, you will be given an override to register for the course.
Register for the course, pay your tuition and start your internship.
During your internship you will submit bi-weekly status reports of your work; will also be asked to submit an evaluation from your supervisor during midterm and at end of the term. You will be required to submit a final report (outline in the syllabus for the course) and poster. Graduate students will be required to submit an additional extensive paper relating the internship to specific courses they have taken during their academic career.
How many hours do I have to work to qualify?150+ during the semester
International Students and CPT
Can work 40 hrs a week during summer if and only if it is not their final semester and they are not graduating in the summer term.
If it is your final semester and/or you are graduating in summer, they can only work 20 hrs a week.
All international students work a maximum of 20 hrs a week during fall and spring semesters.
All work is counted toward these hours, both on and off campus, paid and unpaid. (so, if you are approved for 40 hrs internship in summer and you also want to work as a GRA, you won't be able to GRA unless you cut your internship hours -- it is a total of 40 hrs of all your work hours)