Kennesaw State Computing Master’s
High Demand. High Pay. Highly Satisfying.
The Bureau of Labor Statistics projects that by 2020 there will be 1.4 million computing jobs available and only 400,000 qualified applicants.*
The College offers foundation certificates in Computer Science, Software Engineering and Information Technology to help students with non-computing-related undergraduate degrees to transition into a Computing Master’s programs, or to obtain an entry-level positions in the industry.
Lucrative, High Demand Career Opportunities Plus Internships that Lead to Job Offers
Computing is a means to empower people and improve the lives of Georgians and others around the world; as such, we encourage collaboration with other disciplines to find new opportunities to apply computing in new ways to solve today’s most challenging problems.
If you want to make a difference and improve the world around you, the College of Computing and Software Engineering at KSU is for you! Some of the most popular career choices for our alumni include:
Position (Average annual salary)
- Software Engineer/Developer ($96K)
- Computer System Analyst ($73k)
- Computer System Engineer ($86K)
- Network Systems Administrator ($68K)
- Database Administrator ($85K)
- Business Intelligence Analyst ($83K)
- Web Developer ($78K)
- Computer Programmer (Sr.) ($79K)
- Software Systems Developer ($86K)
- Software Quality Assurance Tester ($90K)
- Java Developer ($102K)
- C++ Developer ($115K)
Graduate internships provide resume-building experiences and allow you to integrate professional practice while applying academic concepts and principles. During an internship, you can gain practical experience, expand your professional network and develop career opportunities. A full-time internship coordinator is available to provide assistance. More information on internships here.
Innovative Offerings: 3 Graduate Programs and 8 Graduate Certificates
You can choose from online or on campus classes taught in the College of Computing and Software Engineering. Our flexible offerings even allow you to take completely online, completely face-to-face or combination of online and f2f courses based on your availability and interest.
Our programs emphasize hands-on learning, real-world research and project-based experiences to provide the knowledge, skills and experiences needed to meet today’s complex challenges.
Computer Science Foundations
Data Management and Analytics
High Performance Cluster Computing, HPCC
Health Information Technology
Software Engineering Foundations
Transfer students are welcome. Up to 9 credits may be accepted for transfer.
Respected Rankings, Expert Faculty, Real-World Projects
The College of Computing and Software Engineering at Kennesaw State University offers multiple benefits to students, faculty, staff and alumni, including:
- Outstanding faculty
- Sophisticated facilities
- Cutting edge technology and curriculum
- Extensive discovery and research opportunities
- Personalized attention available to our students
Our mission is to set and maintain high-quality academic standards for student success and to help improve the quality of life by tackling tomorrow's complex problems through the application of computing.
- KSU graduate programs are continually ranked among the nation’s best educational quality and affordability. See our rankings.
- Online and onsite graduate and certificate courses are taught by the same expert faculty.
- Projects, internships and research solve real-world problems, like preventing heat-related car deaths by children and infants.
Affordable Tuition and Top Return on Investment
Earning a graduate degree of certificate from Kennesaw State’s College of Computing and Software Engineering is a wise investment in your future. The skills and experiences you gain will enhance your earning and job advancement opportunities.
Kennesaw State’s computing programs have been ranked as being one of the best Return on Investment, ROI, programs in the U.S. and in the top 3 in Georgia by Payscale.
Convenient and Flexible Class Options and Resources
- Online and onsite resources including library, bookstore, advising and more.
- Classes are designed for adults with three timing options: evening, online or a combination.
- Graduate Certificates are also available for quick mastery of subject knowledge.
For Answers to Specific Questions
For program-specific questions, contact:
Dr. Yong Shi
Professor & MSCS Program Coordinator
Dr. Paola Spoletini
Associate Professor, Assistant Department Chair & Graduate Program Coordinator of Software Engineering
Dr. Lei Li
Associate Professor & MSIT Program Coordinator