Scheduling an Appointment
Scheduling an appointment with one of the College of Computing and Software Engineering Academic Advisors is the best way to talk with one of us.
If you don't have an Owl Express netID and password (you are not an accepted student at KSU), please e-mail email@example.com for help or come during walk in hours, which are Monday-Thursday 1-5pm, Friday 9am-2pm.Appointment Website
Steps to schedule an appointment:
- Click the button above that says "Appointment Website".
- Log in using your Owl Express netID and password
- Click on the button that says "Get Advising"
- In the drop down box under "To help you get advising quickly, please tell us why you'd like to meet an advisor" select "College of Computing and Software Engineering"
- Under "Choose from the following options and click Next." pick an appointment type (see below for the list of appointment types we have and what each entails).
- On the next screen for Location & Advisor, choose "College of Computing and Software Engineering"
- When the Which Advisor? option pops up, you can either choose one of us specifically or leave it blank to see all of our availabilities.
- You'll be presented with a list of appointment times that you can choose from, first separated into Morning and Afternoon blocks. Clicking on one of these blocks will give you a list of times available during that period. If all appointment slots are booked for the current week, you may either click on the button in the yellow bar that says "View Walk-In Times" or go to the next week. Choose a time, then click the "Next" button.
- The next screen will give you the details of the appointment you've created, including who the appointment is with. You can leave us a comment about what you want to talk about (if you select Phone Advising as your appointment type, please leave the phone number at which you would like to be reached in the comment area) and/or set the system to send a reminder e-mail to you. Click the "Confirm Appointment" button and you're done!
We look forward to seeing you soon!
- 30 Credit Hour Advising Hold - for all students who have earned less than 30 credit hours, an advising hold is placed on your account each term. You need to see us to get it removed. It should be removed by the CCSE Advising Director in the same day.
- Degree Audit/Planning - need help figuring out what you have left to take, and when you should take it? This is the appointment you want to make.
- Graduation Advising - if you're in your last year and want to make sure that you have a graduation plan that is sure to have you graduate on time (if all goes well), you have questions about graduation, or you have gotten a DegreeWorks audit that says you're not on track, pick this.
- Major/Minor Change - not sure if you should pursue a CCSE program? Talk with us!
- New Freshman Advising - for those still in high school or will be starting college for the first time soon.
- Phone Advising - can't make it in? Choose this - and remember to leave your phone number you want us to contact you on in the comments!
- Readmit/Dismissal/SAP - Readmit holds removed, SAP letters/plans created, and the ramifications of dismissal and how to return.
- Registration help - You're getting errors you don't understand or your plan of study has gotten messed up and you need a quick fix
- Repeat Course Plan - If you're requesting a repeat override, you must create a success plan with an advisor and potentially the professor of the class you're repeating.
- Transfer Advising - If you're a prospective transfer student or you're already here and need help with getting transfer credits worked out.
- Other - None of the above fit what you want to talk about? Choose this option. We'll answer any question to the best of our ability and if we can't, we'll get the right person/area who can.