Welcome to CCSE Advising
The fall 2018 semester is underway! If you are classified as a freshman student, you're going to have an advising hold placed on your account. This will prevent you from registering for spring (starting November 5th) semester classes and maybe some other stuff. Once the hold shows up, come see us!
Advising by Appointment HoursMake an Appointment
Monday: 9am - 5pm
Tuesday: 9am - 5pm
Wednesday: 9am - 5pm
Thursday: 9am - 5pm
Subject to first come, first served and may involve long wait times depending on demand. If you are not yet a KSU student, you must come during drop in hours.
Monday: 1 - 4:45pm
Tuesday: 1 - 4:45pm
Wednesday: 1 - 4:45pm
Thursday: 1 - 4:45pm
Friday: 10am - 2pm
All e-mail correspondence should go to firstname.lastname@example.org - please include your student ID number in all e-mails.
Advising in the College of Computing and Software Engineering is very student-oriented. We believe that:
- Students are the most important people on the campus. Without them there would be no need for the institution.
- Students are not cold enrollment statistics, but flesh and blood human beings with feelings and emotions like our own.
- Students are not people to be tolerated so that we can do our thing -- they are our thing.
- Students are not dependent on us ... rather, we are dependent on them.
- Students are not an interruption of our work, but the purpose of it. We are not doing them a favor by serving them. They are doing us a favor by giving us the opportunity to do so.
Undergraduate Coordinator Contact Information
Undergraduate coordinators are also good advising resources, and e-mail is always the best way to contact them as they have varied office hours.
Bachelor of Arts in Applied Computer Science - Dr. Ken Hoganson (email@example.com)
Bachelor of Science in Computer Science - Dr. Hisham Haddad (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Bachelor of Science in Computer Game Design and Development - Dr. Rongkai Guo (email@example.com)
Bachelor of Applied Science in Information Technology - Prof. Susan Vande Ven (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Bachelor of Science in Information Technology - Prof. Susan Vande Ven (email@example.com)
Bachelor of Science in Software Engineering - Dr. Paola Spoletini (firstname.lastname@example.org)
The programs we advise for are:
- Bachelor of Applied Science in Information Technology
- Bachelor of Applied Science in Health Information Technology (Coming soon!)
- Bachelor of Arts in Applied Computer Science
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Game Design and Development
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science
- Bachelor of Science in Information Technology
- Bachelor of Science in Software Engineering
- Minor in Computer Game Design and Development
- Minor in Computer Science
- Minor in Information Technology
- Minor in Software Engineering
- Undergraduate Certificate in Health Information Technology
Programs which are at the graduate level (for students who have already obtained a Bachelor's degree) should be discussed with their individual program directors. Students interested in these programs should contact directors via e-mail to begin advisement.